Behind CVS Health, Walgreens is the second-largest pharmacy store succession in the United States.
You can stop by at any Walgreens drive-thru, in-store, or on the app, and purchase any item you need. Such as prescribed Alcohol and the rest.
Unlike other giant stores, restaurants, and coffee shops that have their payment services, the likes of Walmart, Dollar General, and many others. Walgreens doesn’t have its payment service. This is one of the main reasons they now accept contactless payment as a payment method.
Now the question is, can I pay at Walgreens using my Apple Pay? You’ll find out as you read on.
Does Walgreens accept Apple Pay in 2023?
Yes, Walgreens does accept Apple Pay for in-store and online purchases. You can pay with your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch using Apple Pay at any Walgreens store, online, and drive-thru.
However, Walgreens photo services are exempted. You can’t pay for your online photo purchases at Walgreens using Apple Pay. But you can do so at the store.
Walgreens also accept other payment options like, Cash, Credit/Debit Cards, Gift Cards, Checks, PayPal, Google Pay, CareCredit.
Below is a step-by-step guide on using Apple Pay at Walgreens, and other related issues you should know.
How To Set Up Apple Pay
To use Apple Pay either on iPhone or Apple Watch, you need to set up the digital wallet. No need to stress yourself, trying to download the app, Apple Pay is inbuilt.
All you need to do is, follow the simple steps below to activate your Apple Pay.
- Open your iPhone and go to the “Settings” tab
- Click on the “Wallet & Apple Pay” option
- Click on “Add Card”
- Choose either a “Credit” or “Debit” card, and click “Continue“
- Enter your card information manually, or snap with your phone
- Confirm the card number and name, then click “Next”
- Verify your card information by providing the “Expiration Date” and “Security Code“
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Verify your account by entering the code sent to you via Email, Text, or Bank verification
- You can select the card as your default. It can be changed at any time you wish.
Now that you’ve finished setting up your Apple Pay, you can use it at Walgreens, and other stores that accept it.
How Do You Use Apple Pay at Walgreens?
Visit any Walgreens store near you, and ask the cashier if they accept Apple Pay. If they do, go ahead and pick the items you need.
Then, follow these steps to pay
- Open your iPhone by double-clicking the home or side button
- Unlock your phone using your security method, Face ID, Touch ID, or Passcode
- Go to the “Apple Wallet”
- You can use the displayed card, or change to your preferred card
- Take your phone closer to the card reader, and wait till it vibrates
- Once the payment is confirmed, you’ll see “Done” along with a checkmark.
How Do You Use Apple Pay With Your Apple Watch at Walgreens?
As I said earlier, Apple Pay is not just limited to the iPhone only. You can access the app with all other Apple products, so long as the model supports Touch ID or Face ID.
Follow these steps to pay at Walgreens using your Apple Pay
- On your Apple Watch, double-click the right-side button
- Go to the “Apple Wallet“
- Use the card that shows up, or change to your preference
- Take your Apple Watch closer to the payment card reader
- Immediately after your payment is confirmed, you’ll be notified.
How Do You Use Apple Pay on The Walgreens App?
It’s possible to use Apple Pay on the Walgreens app.
All you’ve to do is download the app using the iPhone App Store.
After downloading it, follow these steps to pay using your Apple Pay.
- Open your Walgreens app
- Sign in to your account
- Pick the items you’re purchasing
- Select “Pick up”, “Same Day Delivery” or “Shipping“
- Navigate to the “Wallet” tab, then select a payment method
- Choose “Apple Pay“
- Depending on how you want to get your items, you can go pick them up or wait for delivery.
How Do You Add A Walgreens Card To Apple Pay?
You might be wondering since Walgreens doesn’t have a payment service, how come the card?
To clear your curiosity, the card here is the “Walgreens Gift Card“. The card can only be redeemed at the store.
The Walgreens Balance Works hand in hand with Apple Pay. Linking your Walgreens balance to your Apple Pay will stand you out for discounts and bonuses when shopping at the store.
Follow these steps to add a Walgreens card to your Apple Pay.
- Open your Walgreens app
- Click on the “Balance Rewards” tab, located at the bottom, in-between the “Refill by Scan” and “Store Locator“
- Click on “Add to Apple Wallet”
- Choose “Add With Store”
- To make sure all your Walgreens purchases use the balance rewards, select “Automatically Select”
- Once it’s completed, you’ll see the card in your wallet.
Does Cashback Work With Apple Pay at Walgreens?
Yes, there is a 3% cashback attached to the Apple Card, when using Apple Pay at Walgreens.
For any payment you made using the Apple Card on your Apple Pay, you’ll get a cashback.
Walgreens cashback is the highest compared to other pharmacy stores at 2% in the US.
Walgreens Other Accepted Payment Method
Not only Apple Pay, but Walgreens also accepts other contactless payment services such as,
Google Pay and
They also accept,
PayPal Credit and
You can as well pay with your
Personal or Business Checks
Credit and Debit Cards from Visa, MasterCard, Discovery, and American Express.
Are There Any Limits On Apple Pay at Walgreens?
The answer is no. There’s nothing like a limit on your Apple Pay when shopping at Walgreens, either in-store or on the app.
But the only restriction is, you can’t pay with Apple Pay when purchasing photos at Walgreens.
Can I Add My Walgreens Balance Card To My Apple Pay?
Yes. Using your Walgreens Balance card with Apple Pay is 100% possible, there are no limitations.
To enjoy Walgreens discounts and rewards on Apple Pay, endeavor to use the balance card as your default payment option.
Does Walgreens Take EBT?
Yes, they do accept EBT cards.
But there are some items you can’t buy with the card at Walgreens.
Check this post, to know them.
Again, not all Walgreens stores take EBT as a means of payment. Always check if the Walgreens local stores near you accept the EBT card.
Does Walgreens Accept PayPal?
Yes, you can pay with PayPal or PayPal Credit, when shopping at Walgreens online. You can choose to link your PayPal account together with the Walgreens App.
READ MORE ON APPLE PAY👇
Apple Pay payment at Walgreens comes with a 3% cashback on any purchase.
Also, you can link your Walgreens balance to Apple Pay, and stand a chance for rewards on your purchases.
There are other payment methods to use at Walgreens.