As rivals, using both apps for transactions may seem impossible but it’s possible.
Venmo and Cash App are rivals, they’re among the best peer-to-peer money transaction franchises in the US.
Many people are searching the internet looking for how to link both giant mobile money platforms together for transaction purposes.
In this article, I’ll show you “How to transfer/send money from Venmo to Cash App.
Let’s go into the details in full.
Can You Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App?
Both Cash App and Venmo are non-support. They don’t have direct transfer systems for one another. It’s not possible to send money from Venmo to Cash App, the same goes with the other.
You wouldn’t expect both apps that render almost the same services to link easily for the same purpose.
But the good news is, you can actually link both accounts together and send money from one to another. To do this, you must have a personal account with both apps.
How To Transfer/Send Money From Venmo To Cash App.
There are three ways to link both accounts together for funds transactions.
- Cash App Account (Through Direct Deposit)
- Through Cash App Card
- Linking both Venmo and Cash App to one Bank Account.
- Through Direct Deposit: To use this method, you’ve to be a verified Cash App user. Once you are verified on Cash App you can link both accounts together as a bank by initiating a Direct Deposit on Cash App.
Here is how to make a Cash App Direct Deposit.
Read Also: How To Verify Cash App – A Complete Guide.
- Click the “$” icon on Cash App home screen and click on the “Cash Button”
- Click on “Direct Deposit”
- Click on ” Get Account Number” and click the “Enable Account Button” when it comes up
- Click on the “Account Information” icon
- Copy your “Routing Number” and “Account Number”
- Then add both the Routing and Account numbers to Venmo.
Follow these steps to add the money to Venmo
- At your Venmo App home screen, click on “•••” at the top
- On the “Settings” icon click on “Payment Methods”
- Click “Add a Bank or Card” and choose “Bank”
- Choose any of the verification processes and add the Cash App Routing and Account number
- Both accounts have been linked together, now you can send funds from Venmo to your Cash App account.
- Through Cash App Card: using your Cash App Card is a faster way to link both Venmo and Cash App together for transaction purposes.
It doesn’t involve the Cash App Direct Deposit method. All you’ve to do is, verify your Cash App Account and order a Cash Card.
Once you’ve your Cash App Card, follow these steps to link it.
- Open your Venmo App and click on “Settings”
- Click on “Payment Methods”
- Click the “Add a Bank or Card” tab and select “Card”
- Use your mobile phone’s camera to snap your Card information or put it manually
After putting your Card information, you can then receive instant transfers to your Card from Venmo.
There is a 1% Cash App fee charge for instant deposits, which is a minimum of $0-25 to a maximum of $10 imposed fees.
- Linking both Venmo and Cash App to one Bank Account: This is another method of linking both accounts together for funds transactions. But this method is much slower compared to the previous methods.
To use this method, you’ve to first send money from Venmo to the bank account.
Follow these steps to do that.
Note: make sure the bank account you linked to your Venmo account is verified by Venmo.
- Open your Venmo App and click “•••”
- Select the “Transfer to Bank or Transfer Money”. (Depending on your device, you can find this option under the “Manage Balance” tab
- Put in the amount you wish to send
- Choose either “Instant” or “1-3” working days options.
- After selecting your preferred transaction method, choose your bank account, go through the information you provided, and click “Transfer”
You’ve successfully transferred the funds to your bank account.
Then follow these steps to send the money back to your Cash App account.
- Open your Cash App and tap the “Balance” tab
- Click on “Add Cash”
- Put in the same amount you transferred from Venmo to your bank account and click “Add”
- Put your “PIN” or your “Touch ID” and confirm the transfer.
Note: if you choose “Instant Transfer” the money will show instantly or within 30 minutes, if you choose “1-3” working days, you’ll wait for up to 3 business days for the money to show.
Can You Transfer Money From Venmo To Cash App?
You cannot transfer money from Venmo to a Cash App. But if you have a personal account with both apps, you can transfer money from your Venmo account to your Cash App account. You can do that either by “Turning your Cash App into a Bank”, and initiating a Direct Deposit, you can as well add money to both accounts using your Cash Card or linking both accounts to the same bank account.
Can You Transfer Money From Venmo To Cash App Without A Card?
Yes, you can transfer money from Venmo to Cash App by turning your Cash App into a Bank. To turn the account into a bank, you’ve to initiate a “Direct Deposit”.
Can You Link Your Venmo Card To Cash App?
Yes, if you have a personal account with both Venmo and Cash App, you can add either your “Venmo Card” or “Cash App Card” together for funds transactions.
If you’re a Venmo and Cash user, with the guidelines from this article, you can combine both super apps for quick and smooth funds transactions using your bank account as an anchor.
How helpful was this article, tell us in the comment section below.