Does Chipotle take Apple Pay?
Yes, Chipotle accept Apple Pay as a payment method at the restaurant, online, and drive-thru. To get strted, all you need is an Apple product that supports Face ID or Touch ID, starting from iPhone 6 and 6 plus.
Chipotle is a household name in the US. Founded in 1993, with over 3,000 physical restaurants.
Within this period, the food chain company expanded its services to France, Germany, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
They specialize in Mexican Cuisine such as Lifestyle bowls, Burritos, Burrito bowls, Salads, Tacos, Kid meals, Sides & Drinks.
As an Apple user, you can pay at any Chipotle restaurant, drive-thru, and online, using your Apple Pay.
Read on to understand how Chipotle works with Apple Pay, Chipotle’s other accepted payment methods, and other related issues.
Does Chipotle Accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Chipotle accept Apple Pay at majority of its locations. Also, they support the Apple digital wallet for online Chipotle order. After placing an order using Chipotle app, during checkout, select Apple Pay as your payment method.
Since the outbreak of Covid-19 in 2020, contactless payment has become the preferred payment method for US residents over the traditional payment method.
Apple Pay is not the only acceptable contactless payment method at Chipotle. They also accept Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and PayPal.
As you read through, you’ll learn how to use Apple Pay at Chipotle.
How To Set up Apple Pay
Before you can access Apple Pay, you need to set it up.
Setting it up doesn’t take much time. Within a few minutes, your Apple Pay will be fully activated. Another good thing is, Apple Pay is inbuilt. It comes pre-installed in your Apple Products such as Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Follow these steps to set up Apple Pay
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab on your iPhone
- Locate and click on the “Wallet & Apple Pay” option
- Tap the “Add Card” tab
- Choose between “Credit & Debit Card” and click “Continue“
- You can enter the card information manually (Name and Card Number), or snap with your iPhone
- Confirm the card number and name and click “Next”
- Provide the card’s “Expiry Date” and “Security Code” for verification
- Agree to the terms and services
- Enter the code that was sent to you via text message, or email
- You’ve successfully activated your Apple Pay account.
Note: the card will be your default for payment. But, it can be changed at any time.
Your Apple Pay is now ready to be used. Go to any store, coffee shop, or restaurant that accepts it, pick your items, and pay using the mobile wallet during checkout.
Can I order Chipotle online and pay in-store?
Yes, it’s possible to make an online Chipotle order and pay in-store if that’s what you want.
This is how to do it. After making an online order on Chipotle app, during checkout, choose “Pay in Store” as your payment option. Then rush down to Chipotle, pay with your Apple Pay or use any payment method of your choice like card, cash, or other contactless payment wallet. After that, you can pick your order.
How To Pay at Chipotle Using Apple Pay
Once your Apple Pay is active either on your iPhone, Apple Watch, or any other Apple product, you can go ahead and make a payment with it during checkout at Chipotle.
With your iPhone, follow these to pay at Chipotle using Apple Pay
- Navigate to the “Apple Wallet” on your iPhone. For quick access, double-click the side button
- Use your Passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID, to verify your identity
- Bring your iPhone closer to the payment card reader
- Wait till your phone vibrates, and you’ll see “Done” on your screen, along with a checkmark.
In a situation where your iPhone is not with you at the moment, you can easily pay with your Apple Watch at Chipotle.
With Apple Watch, follow these to pay at Chipotle using Apple Pay
- Double-click the right-side button, to open your “Apple Wallet”
- Bring your Apple Watch close to the payment card reader
- Wait till your watch vibrates indicating the payment completed
Can You Pay at Chipotle App using Apple Pay?
They made it in a way it can be used in the store, on the app, and drive-thru.
The process is as simple as paying in the store.
Note: make sure you’ve downloaded the Chipotle app, and sign in to your account. Anyways, it comes with offers. So if you haven’t gotten the app, go and download it today, and stand a chance for special Chipotle offers.
Follow these steps to pay on the app
- Open the Chipotle app and choose either “Pick up“ or Delivery“, located at the top of the home screen
- Place your order, and put it in the cart
- Open the cart to confirm your items, after that tap “Continue to Payment”
- Select your preferred delivery or pick-up time
- For delivery, enter your address, and select “Buy with Apple Pay” as your payment method. You’re done.
Note: in case you want to pick up your food at the restaurant, you can select “Pay in Store” from the option.
How To Pay at Chipotle Drive-Thru using Apple Pay
One good thing about paying with Apple Pay is its security. Your details are secured. It can’t be seen by the merchant or fraudsters.
Follow these steps to use Apple Pay at Chipotle drive-thru
- Go to the nearest Chipotle drive-thru, inform the cashier you want to pay with Apple Pay
- Pick the meal you want from the menu
- Bring your iPhone or Apple Watch closer to the payment card reader
- For iPhone, wait till you see “Done” along with a checkmark. For Apple Watch, wait till your watch vibrates indicating the payment completion.
Chipotle’s other accepted Payment Methods
I stated earlier about listing other payment methods accepted by Chipotle.
There are various payment methods accepted at Chipotle.
Some of these payment methods are extended as means of payment on their app. Like PayPal and Google Pay.
Stores/Restaurants that accept Apple Pay
As of early 2019, about 65 percent of the United States retail locations (stores and restaurants) started accepting Apple Pay as a payment method. Roughly 74 of the top 100 retail locations in the U.S currently accept the Apple digital wallet.
Here are some of the stores/restaurants that accept Apple Pay.
And many other stores embrace the convenience of payment method through Apple Pay.
Does Chipotle Take Bitcoin?
I know you might be surprised. Permit me to tell you this, Chipotle is one of the few other stores that currently accept cryptocurrency as means of payment in the United States.
You can now pay for your meals at Chipotle with cryptocurrency using “Flexa App“. It’s a platform that supports crypto.
Does Chipotle take Apple Pay in stores?
Yes, Apple Pay is accepted as a means of payments at all Chipotle locations. Customers find it very easy, fast, and secure to use the Apple digital wallet. To use Apple Pay at the store, walk up to the NFC Reader and tap your during checkout. You can as well use the Apple Pay wallet when checking out at Chipotle app. Apple Pay makes payment easy, fast, and convenient for customers both in stores and app.
Does Chipotle take digital wallets?
Yes, digital wallet is accepted by Chipotle at all of its locations. You can use digital wallets like Apple Pay or Google Pay. To use any of these, bring your iPhone or Android closer to the NFC Reader and make your payment.
Does Chipotle take tap to pay?
Yes, Chipotle supports tap-to-pay at the majority of its locations. With your digital wallet or supported cards, you can easily pay through the contactless terminal. It’s easy, fast, convenient and offers quick check out.
Does Chipotle take Google Pay?
Yes, Chipotle accepts Google Pay in-restaurant and in-app payment. Also, you can add your rewards card to Google Pay wallet and use them at Chipotle during checkout.
Does Chipotle have a drive-thru?
Yes, Chipotle has about 500 drive-thrus.
Look for anyone near you and order your spicy burritos or lifestyle bowls.
After ordering, bring out your iPhone, and place it over the payment card reader to make your payment.
READ MORE ON APPLE PAY👇
As you can see, contactless payment is accepted at Chipotle. If you’re using an iPhone, Samsung, or Android, you can pay with the contactless payment methods compatible with your phone. Either Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, or Google Pay.
If you prefer shopping with PayPal, you can as well use it at Chipotle.